Executive Board Meeting
Informational- no quorum
Attendees: L. Blake, C. Cooper, P. Clark , K. Squire, S. Washington, R. Jastrezembski, W. Kennedy, S. Gillespie-Davis, L. Golden, W. Patrick
Blake: “Thank you for being a part of this organization!”
-There are quite a few grievances:
- Paras are feeding children
- Start time (Big Picture)
- Informal grievance about:
- the inclusion of Step in SGOs
- Math SGOs in the high schools
(Attempting to work things out before 2/15/17)
-Reps Rock: Please submit names to Lisa.
4:40 Cooper: “I am honored to continue work on membership.”
-Nancy, Farmer and Blake will continue to visit schools to achieve the goal.
-Goal: to increase membership and document membership properly
-Recap of events: Harvest Fest and Camden High Cookout
-Termination forms were included in the book because FOCs and OMs are still having deductions although no longer members.
-NAFAP has been completed (funds for Farmer)
-expecting new invoice for Farmer to come in February
-bills are all caught up
-need to have new treasure in place by July especially with impending layoffs expected
4:50 Good of the Order
–Blake: Nomination and election committees are needed ASAP.
- Question- “If President can appoint any committee, why does the Evaluation Committee need to be an amendment to the Constitution?”
- Diminishing Quorum doesn’t solve the problem.
- Suggestion- We should be able to vote at any meeting (including Representative Council) if we have ample notification of the scheduled meeting date and time.
5:14 meeting ended